The Krasnoyarsk Regional Union of Scientific and Engineering Public Organizations (Associations) is a public organization.
The Krasnoyarsk Union was created under the auspices of the Russian Union of Scientific and Engineering Public Associations.
The R&D Union and its associations, societies and associations are the successors of the Russian Technical Society, founded in 1866 on the initiative of leading scientists, engineers and major industrialists of Russia.
The main goals of the Krasnoyarsk R&D Union are to support and develop public initiatives aimed at combining efforts and coordinating the activities of its members to establish and implement the principles of freedom of scientific and technical creativity, engineering activities; assistance in the implementation of legal and social protection of scientists, engineers and specialists, ensuring scientific and technical cooperation in the interests of improving science, engineering and technology.
The Krasnoyarsk Union NIO sets itself the following main tasks:
- assistance in the development and strengthening of business relations of the members of the Union, mutual exchange of information in various areas of science, technology, production and experience of public associations, improvement of engineering education;
- coordination of activities of the members of the Union in the development and implementation of scientific and technical projects and programs, forecasts for the development of science and technology;
- promoting the expansion of public international relations and cooperation of scientists, engineers and specialists in the main activities of the Union, scientific tourism.
To achieve these goals and objectives, the Krasnoyarsk Union NIO uses various forms of work: it holds congresses, symposiums, seminars, competitions, exhibitions, public examinations on modern scientific and technical concepts and projects, participates in the organization of professional training for the activists of regional societies and associations, publishes scientific works, provides legal, informational and other assistance to its members, carries out entrepreneurial activities for statutory purposes.
In cooperation with its founder, the Krasnoyarsk Regional House of Science and Technology, it implements social projects: Engineer of the Year, Hope of Russia, Small Space Odyssey, Mini-Museum of Inventions and others.
Russian Union of Scientific and Engineering Associations
The Russian Union of Scientific and Engineering Associations is a Union of public scientific and technical, engineering, economic associations that are legal entities, created on the basis of a community of creative professional interests of scientists, engineers and specialists for the implementation common goals and objectives.
The Union expands its activities on the territory of the Russian Federation.
The governing bodies of the Russian Union of Scientific and Engineering Public Associations are located in Moscow.
The main goals of the Union are to unite and coordinate the efforts of its members to implement and protect professional and social rights, interests, needs of scientific, engineering and technical workers and specialists, to develop scientific and engineering activities in the country, to continue and preserve domestic traditions and values accumulated by the Russian scientific and technical intelligentsia - representatives of the Russian Technical Society created in 1866.
The Russian Union of Scientific and Engineering Public Associations is included in the list of organizations conducting professional and public accreditation of educational programs of higher education and (or) corresponding additional professional programs.
155 years since the first meeting of the Russian Technical Society
The foundation of the Russian technical society dates back to the beginning of the era of "great reforms" in the 60s – 70s of the XIX century. During this period, favorable conditions were created for economic, scientific and technological development. Only from 1860 to 1900 the volume of industrial production in Russia has significantly increased. Second half of the 19th century is characterized by the growth of the factory industry, the development of railway and water transport, energy, mining, and, of course, the formation of scientific and technical intelligentsia. It was through scientific societies that contacts between domestic scientists and representatives of production were carried out.
Reforms of the 1860s – 70s opened a new period in the history of the activities of public organizations in Russia. At this time, the Russian Technical Society (RTS) in St. Petersburg (1866), the Russian Chemical Society (RCS) at St. Petersburg University (1868), the Society for the Dissemination of Technical Knowledge in Moscow (1870), the Polytechnic Society at the Moscow technical school (1878) appeared. In total, by the end of the 1880s there were 1,500 public organizations and about 200 scientific societies in Russia. The leading role was played by the Russian Technical Society.
The activities of these societies consisted in the analysis of proposed projects and inventions, in the development of legislative acts, in the coordination of the position of scientists, technicians and industrialists, in the promulgation of new methods and techniques of production, in the organization of technical educational institutions, exhibitions, congresses, etc. At conferences, congresses and in the proceedings of scientific societies, the most important discoveries and inventions were made by D.I. Mendeleev, A.S. Popova, K.E. Tsiolkovsky, N.N. Beketova, A.G. Stoletov and others.
Fundamental scientific research and discoveries of Russian scientists in the field of exact sciences in the second half of the 19th century aroused a great interest in technology and technical thought in industrial circles. Russian engineers strove to study and make fuller use of natural resources for the development of heavy industry, to make widely known the major achievements of science and technology, to create conditions for their introduction into industry. The Russian Technical Society played a significant role in attracting scientists to the development of important scientific and practical problems put forward by industry.
RTS was founded in 1866 in St. Petersburg on a private initiative and supported by statesmen and industrialists. The initiators of the creation were engineers of various specialties and professors of higher technical educational institutions: E.N. Andreev, P.P. Mizuev, M.N. Gersevanov, P.N. Alekseev, M.M. Okunev, I.P. Balabin, V.N. Bestuzhev-Ryumin, A.A. Kornilov, A.V. Fribes, N.I. Kozakov and others. They worked out a draft charter of the RTS and in 1864 presented it to the government for approval. On April 12, 1866, the Committee of Ministers considered and approved the draft charter, which on April 22 received the "highest permission" of the tsar, which is considered the date of the creation of the Russian Technical Society. The first chairman of the RTS was Andrei Delvig - baron, lieutenant general, senator, engineer with extensive practical experience. The main goal of the society was proclaimed as the combination of science with practice, assistance to the development of Russian industry and technology.
The first general meeting of the RTS took place on May 24 (June 5, new style) 1866 in St. Petersburg, in the house of one of the founders of the society - D.Ye. Benardaki. This meeting was attended by 160 people. In total, by this time, there were already 332 members of the society. The meeting was opened by one of the founders of the RTS - E.N. Andreev. He outlined the main goals of the society and its organizational principles. The foundation of the society was based on the principle of combining knowledge in various industries, and its appearance was caused by the need to overcome the existing fragmentation among specialists in various technical fields. In 1874, for services to the Fatherland in promoting the development of technology and industry, the RTS was named "Imperial". In February 1880, the Electrical Engineering Department was reorganized at the RTS. It brought together Russian scientists and engineers who made an invaluable contribution to the science of electricity and the development of electrical engineering.
By the beginning of 1917, 33 local branches of the RTS were operating in various cities of the Russian Empire. Under government of the society the Museum of Applied Knowledge was created, more than 50 general education and special schools worked. In 1923, a new charter was adopted and program "On the Basic Needs of Industry" of the RTS was drawn up. In 1929 the RTS was closed. Instead of it, in 1931, engineering and technical societies were created, which in 1954 were reorganized into branch of Scientific and Technical Societies (STS).